24 November 2008

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Destin. Blue skies, sun shined all day, and the temps got into the mid-60's. Someone please tell me where in the world the weather is like this all the time and I am moving there. We hit the trails at our campground, spending some time at the playground and then finding ourselves on the beautiful shores of the Gulf of Mexico. The sand here is so unbelievable - sugary soft white, does not stick to you. It is great for kicking off your shoes, wrestling with your little brother, etc.














Later we ate lunch at a fun place called Fudpuckers, and then did a little shopping at an outlet mall that coincidentally was having their tree-lighting ceremony. We celebrated that little bit of Christmas cheer with (what else?) some gelato. This morning we are heading out to Louisiana. I hope to post more later - internet service has been a little sporadic! Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Beautiful beach shots! I'd love to go there some day. Daddy has been to Destin and he also remembers the beautiful sugar sand.

I think the weather is like that in San Diego from what I have heard. Shall I come down and help you pack? ;)
(I prefer the change of seasons myself. Of course, that's what all of us who live up north always say...)

Keep having fun!

xxxxxooooo