17 December 2006

One week to go!

We here on the planet just finished up a fun-filled, Christmas-y weekend. We had Family Movie Night on Friday night, watching "Elf," a family favorite, and eating Smartfood. Saturday afternoon, John and I went to his company party at The Melting Pot while the kids spent the afternoon at their cousins' house, planning top-secret Christmas Eve skits. That evening, John and I were able to attend a friend's Christmas party for a short time, then it was off for a fun-filled two hours at the ER with Jack, where doctors removed a "googly eye" that had mysteriously become lodged in his ear. And this evening, we attended our neighborhood's annual Christmas Block Party and Lighting of the Luminarias. This year we had a Chili Cook-off along with a visit from Santa.

































The Chili Cook-off Judges, hard at work.Yes, John is one of the judges; however, it was a blind taste test. Having said that, I am now free to tell you that the author of this blog won second place in the Chili Cook-off...


Will enjoyed checking out the luminarias!





















See you next week, Santa!



















** Yes, my mother tortured us as children with her Bing Crosby Christmas records (eight tracks?). Although I don't have anything against the Bing, I am going to play some of our family favorite Christmas tracks - each day I will change it to a different fave. Today is one of my favorites by Harry Connick, Jr.

8 comments:

the editor said...

I happen to love Harry Connick Jr.'s Christmas music. I have this one and it's one of my favorites too!
Sounds like you guys had quite a weekend! So, how's Jack's ear? Did you ever solve the mystery of how the eye got in there?

Anonymous said...

oops, good job on the chili award!

thedollymama said...

Yes, some mysterious force caused Jack to insert the googly eye into said ear. This force also somehow convinced him that such an act would be hilarious.

Anonymous said...

prehaps it was part of the top secret christmas eve skit.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the Chili Award! Perhaps we can enjoy some in January?

BTW, that mysterious force may have a genetic component. Just throwing that out there for the parents of current family babies.

I'm liking the music, but do you dance around the kitchen while it's playing? That's really the only way to get the full effect...

thedollymama said...

Yes, I agree with the genetic issue. Wasn't there a Terry that had a bean stuck in their nose? Tia? Phoebe? I don't remember exactly...

Anonymous said...

I believe that was Phoebe. And, of course we needn't go into all the other wacky things from your generation's childhood...!

Unknown said...

Way to go on the chili! Sounds like a fun filled weekend. Hope Jacks ear is doing better. Crazy guy!